Client Privacy notice
INTRODUCTION Miss Rimmer’s Childcare Services is a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities. This privacy notice provides you with details of how Miss Rimmer’s Childcare Services (“we”, “our”, “us”, or “the Company”) collect and process your Personal Data, whether you’re a client, a candidate, a supplier or another third party. “Personal Data” is any information identifying a living, identifiable individual, excluding any anonymous data but including any sensitive Personal Data. Such data can be factual such as a name, email address, date of birth or national insurance number; or an opinion or reference about a person’s actions or behaviour. “Processing” or “Process” means any activity involving the use of Personal Data whether that is obtaining, holding, recording or carrying out any operations on the data including organising, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. It includes the transmission or transferring Personal Data to third parties. Alice Rimmer acting as a sole trader under the trade name of Miss Rimmer’s Childcare Services is the data controller and we are responsible for your Personal Data, including determining when, why and how to Process Personal Data. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you. It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com. 2.
BACKGROUND This policy has been written in accordance with the principles and safeguards set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”). We adhere to the principles relating to the Processing of Personal Data set out in the DPA which require Personal Data to be: (a) Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency). (b) Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Purpose Limitation). (c) Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is Processed (Data Minimisation). (d) Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy). (e) Not kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is Processed (Storage Limitation). 2 (f) Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage (Security, Integrity and Confidentiality). (g) Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place (Transfer Limitation). (h) Made available to individuals such us to allow them to exercise certain rights in relation to their Personal Data (Data Subject’s Rights and Requests). 3.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA We will only use your Personal Data when legally permitted.
The most common uses of your Personal Data are:
• Where we need to perform the contract between us either (i) in accordance with our terms and conditions of business if you are a client; ii) in accordance with our terms of representation if you are a candidate or (iii) in accordance with the relevant terms of supply between us as businesses. • Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA We may have to share your Personal Data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 2 above:
• Clients who are looking for suitable candidates to fulfil a role that they are offering.
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions 5 who require reporting of Processing activities in certain circumstances. • Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to Process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS We do not transfer your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area.
DATA SECURITY We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only Process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
DATA RETENTION We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we Process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we must keep basic information about our clients (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being clients for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data and it is our responsibility to make sure that any Personal Data we retain is accurate. So, if you would like us to erase your data (to the extent that we are able) or there are any changes to your data which means what we currently hold is inaccurate, please do let us know.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data.
These include the right to:
• Request access to your Personal Data.
• Request correction of your Personal Data.
• Request erasure of your Personal Data.
• Object to Processing of your Personal Data.
• Request restriction of Processing your Personal Data. 6
• Request transfer of your Personal Data.
• Right to withdraw consent. You can see more about these rights at: If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Candidate privacy notice
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT? Alice Rimmer acting on behalf of Miss Rimmer’s Childcare Services is a “data controller”. This means that she is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being sent a copy of this privacy notice because you are applying for jobs we are recruiting for on behalf of our clients. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the Data Protection Act 2018 (”DPA”) Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We collect the personal data on prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles to allow us to undertake our business.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept securely. THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU In connection with your application for a job or jobs with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter.
• The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, and qualifications.
• Any information you provide to us during an interview.